Miss Philomena E. Asuquo
Assistant Research Fellow Fisheries Biology (Ph.D Candidate)
Institute of Oceanography,
University of Calabar,
Educational Background / Qualifications
· S.S.C.E 1988
· B.Sc (Hons) Zoology (Fisheries), University of Calabar, 2nd Class Lower Division, September 1992.
· M.Sc Fisheries and Aquaculture, University of Calabar, August 2001.
· Diploma in Computer Studies and Application, Obafemi Awolowo University, July 2001.
· Two years working experience as a scholar and researcher.
· Asuquo, P; B.E. Job, E. Ekpenyong and P. J. Udoh (2009). Effect of liming on water quality of some fish ponds in southern Nigeria. African Journal of Environmental Pollution and Health, 7(2): 64-69.
· Job, B.E. and P. Asuquo (2009). Species composition and abundance of chaetognatha in the Cross River Estuary, Nigeria. African Journal of Environmental Pollution and Health, 7(2): 59-63.
Membership in Learned Societies
· Fisheries Society of Nigeria (FISON)
Current Research Interests
· Fish Pathogens Control and Management in Intensive System
· Fish Trophic Ecology
· Fishery Resources assessment in the Mangrove, Estuarine and Marine Systems.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.